Friday, February 13, 2015

Middle Earth Meme - Day Ten

Lord of the Rings character you relate to the most

        I think I probably relate to Aragorn the most. I know, it even surprised me, but when I really thought about it, I realized it is probably him. Of course, we don't have a ton in common, but I relate well to the whole fulfillment-of-destiny stuff. No, I am not the long-long heir of Isildur and rightful queen of Gondor or anything (unfortunately, I know), but I do struggle with something that is a little bit similar. At least the way I experience it. I'm not sure how it's going to come out on paper, er, you know what I mean.


        Especially a few years ago, I had some ideas about what I wanted to do with my life. Imagine that. ;) I was going to be going through a lot of changes in my life, and I had goals just like any other person. A lot of them, though, had not a lot to do with experiences I'd had before, and some were just plain unrealistic (not most). Over the past two years or so, I have had many changes in my life. I started working, started college, and have had a lot of new homesteading experiences. The thing is, this isn't at all what I had planned for myself two years ago. I really had to just let go of my own goals and let God take me where he had planned to all along. It became so much easier once I stopped resisting what would happen anyway. So see, it's not some prophecy or higher destiny I am now following, just the Lord's plan. And oh, it's so nice! I know He will work everything out for His glory and my good, and I don't have to worry about a thing. Don't have to. I'm still working on that. :)
        Ehehehe, this kind of took a different turn than I was expecting. But I answered the prompt, so all's well. Good day!

Blessings,
Reyna

1 comment:

  1. I think it is the nature of this question to engender some soul-searching. I know mine is trending that way. The parallels you draw between Aragorn's journey and your own are quite cool!

    ReplyDelete