Saturday, February 21, 2015

Middle Earth Meme - Day Sixteen

Favorite song sung by a character(s) in the films

        So much for being almost caught up. Oh well. Today's prompt is fun! As well as having amazing instrumental music, these films also have a few songs sung by the characters. There aren't very many, but those that are scattered throughout the movies are very tastefully done and, I believe, a great credit to Tolkien's songs and poems. My favorite has to be Misty Mountains from AUJ. I'm pretty sure that's not the official name of the song (I should know it, since I own the album), but that's what I call it so there. Yes, it's much shorter than the splendiferous poem in the book, but the music they composed is just so fitting that I forgive them. This song is haunting. It gives me chills just thinking about Thorin and the Company singing about their lost homeland. And goodness, it convinced Bilbo to go on an adventure! I'm sure glad it did, too. :)


        I want to mention a few others that I love, though. Firstly, The Edge of Night, sung by Pippin in ROTK. Also, What Bilbo Baggins Hates. That is just such a fun song! Before all the horribleness that is BOTFA, they were happy dwarves *sniff*.

Blessings,
Reyna

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the song is called "Misty Mountains."

    I wondered when you were going to post again... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! And yeah, sorry I've been MIA. ;) I've been really busy, but what's new? I'm currently working on catching up on this Middle Earth stuff.

      Delete
  2. I've been learning the ins and outs of blogging. I love your set up, by the way.

    ReplyDelete