Scenes/things you laugh at
You know, for being such dark an peril-filled movies, they certainly have a lot of humor. They have everything, actually. There are some movies that can hardly be improved upon (I am referencing the original trilogy, of course, as I have fewer bones to pick with those). I'll try to find pictures, but if I can't I'll just describe it.
- When that hobbit in the front yard laughs at Gandalf setting off fireworks for the kids and then his wife gives him the death look for encouraging him. :)
- "Put it in the ground!" "It is in the ground!"
- "You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission... quest... thing."
- Anything that has to do with the Legolas/Gimli rivalry/friendship, such as counting orc kills, or them making fun of each other in any different way. Drinking contest, anyone?
- Riddles in the Dark. Gollum is SO funny! " We knows! We knows safe paths for hobbitses! Shut up!" "I - I didn't say anything." "Wasn't talking to you." Oh, and when he's trying to figure out the 'thirty white horses' riddle and then he finally shouts, "TEEEEEFFFF!"
- The infamous egg-toss scene. It makes it all so much better when you know that they weren't expecting it to even work and it was on the first take! You can just see how excited and happy and surprised the actors all were!
- "If I am not mistaken, this is the Halfing who stole the keys to my dungeon right from under the nose of my guards." "Yes... Sorry about that."
That's all I can think of right now!
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM HIDDLESTON!!! You're a darling and a great actor. Thanks for the wonderful movies!