Friday, February 13, 2015

Middle Earth Meme - Day Eleven

Favorite moment/line in The Return of the King

         Can I just say THIS WHOLE MOVIE? So much fabulousness and feels and perfection and completion and oh I just love it so much. Especially the second half (minus Shelob; she's just gross). 
        Although the Battle of Pelennor Fields took more screen time than I think it could have - the battle scenes were a bit extended - it is one of my favorite battles scenes in the six movies, second only to Helm's Deep. These are the parts I love that I can think of at the moment:

        Aragorn shouting "Legolas!", who proceeds to take down an oliphaunt single-handedly and with much class.


        AND THEN HE DOES THIS SASSY LITTLE HEAD NOD AND I JUST


        Oh, and Eomer also manages to have a fabulous moment, even though he's not an elf. I like Eomer so much. :)


        As well as awesome fight sequences, there are also major feels when Theoden dies and then when Eomer finds his sister on the battlefield after and thinks she's dead also *WAILS*. 




        One other thing I like about ROTK is Faramir. FARAMIR. Yes, I know I am using way too much caps in this post. Hush. You must watch the extended scenes with him and Eowyn and have major shipping feels with me. 


        Ahh, the beautifulness! *faints*
        The ending(s) are also very fitting and I love those parts too. Especially when the hobbits come back to the Shire and Sam and Rosie get married! They are just so cute! Also, Faramir and Eowyn again at Aragorn's crowning. They are almost my OTP. ALMOST! I usually refer to them as such, but there is still one couple that I ship (ever so slightly) more than Farawyn. And I ship them SO HARD. 
        Gorgeous movie. End of story.

Blessings,
Reyna

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, yes, his head nod!:D Perfect.

    When Eomer finds Eowyn after the battle…it's just too much. I call it the "epic no" scene, hehe;)

    FARAWYN FOREVER AND EVER AND ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh, Eomer and Eowyn. I'm really fascinated by siblings, and their relationship is so great -- Eomer is protective of Eowyn, but not because he thinks she's weak. And Eowyn clearly respects and loves Eomer, even though she often wishes she could have been a boy too. She doesn't get angry with him because he can do the things she isn't supposed to, which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete