Sunday, May 4, 2014

Presents

        I enjoy giving presents much more than I enjoy receiving them. It may sound kind of cheesy, but it's true. Of course, that didn't used to be the case; when I was young I liked getting them better, but now, well, it's different. Understand? Kinda? Good. ;)
        Well, my birthday was two days ago, and I've received a couple of presents already! I am so happy with them that I just had to share with you what they are! First off, from my parents:


        They gave this to me on my actual birthday (May 1st), and I squealed with delight when I opened it up. This was just what I had been wanting, and I was both surprised and delighted. :)
        Secondly, I had a present from all of the sweet ladies at our local yarn store.I guess they had all collaborated and bought me a few things together. It made me feel loved. ;) More than usual, at least. First off, there is a project bag. When I opened it up that was the first thing I saw, and I said, "Oh, my colors!" The nice thing is, they know all about what colors I like, while a lot of my extended family doesn't. Isn't it lovely? I think it looks quite like a small Regency style reticule!


        Inside, there was a ball of yarn that I had been eying ever since they got it in. It is 75% wool and 25% nylon - usually I don't like nylon but this is an exception.


        There was also a gift card to the store, which you can be sure I'll use. ;) And now, for the grand finale *druuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum rooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll*.





        As you can see, it is a set of interchangeable circulars, which I never would have bought otherwise. They are simply scrumptious and I can't wait to use them! It won't be long, I'm sure. They are the same brand as my straights, which you can read about here. That means that the colors match; the size 11s are the same deep blue, the 7s are the lovely gray,etc. Delightful!
        It also bears mentioning that my dad gave me a gorgeous vase of flowers on May Day.






        Usually, he gives me a vase of roses on Valentine's Day, but this year he didn't. For the past few years, I have taken a rose out of that bouquet and dried it on my desk, but I couldn't this year since I didn't have any. I am going to take one of the roses out of my birthday bouquet instead - I wouldn't want to have a year missing in the middle. 
        I had a wonderful birthday, although I'm still kind of getting used to the fact that my official age is different now. It's always a bit hard for me. :/ These were the best presents I've received for  a few years! :)

Blessings,
Reyna

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! And yay for knitting presents. :) Interchangeable needles are so convenient. I just bought my first set a couple of months ago, and I've already used them more than I expected to!

    ReplyDelete