I've been tagged again for the delightful Sunshine Award; this time by Evie Scott of A Period Drama Fangirl. Thanks so much Evie!!
Here are the questions:
- What do you think is one of the most undervalued professions right now? I think one of the most undervalued professions is that of a stay-at-home mom. I think people don't really understand what this takes, nor do they appreciate all of the work that a stay-at-home mom actually does. She does all of the cleaning, all of the cooking, the driving, the teaching of the children, the yard work, and pretty much everything else. I found this blog post a few days ago - you should read it. I followed the website that the picture came from and calculated that my mom should make about $132,000 per year, for the amount of work that she does and the area we live in. That is a serious job, if you ask me. I think that a mother's job should be this kind - I'm not against a family business or part-time work, but I have seen in my extended family what happens when both parents work and the education and up-bringing of the children is left to the school. It is not pretty, nor is it a Biblical idea. So I firmly believe that the 'profession' of being a stay at home mom is one of the most underrated today.
- How would you explain your basic life philosophy? My basic life philosophy is to follow God with all of my heart, no matter where he takes me or keeps me. I may have dreams and aspirations, but what are those when they are in the mind of a servant? Nothing, if they contradict the will of the Master.
- Would you rather be hated or forgotten? Oh dear, these are heavy questions! I like it! By just most people, I would rather be hated. I don't really take most people's opinions very seriously if I know they don't have truth to base them on. By a close circle of friends, I have to say I would rather be forgotten. I can't really explain why.
- If you knew you would die tomorrow, would you feel cheated today? Nope! Not that I'm in any big hurry to die or anything, but since it is my ultimate goal in life to be with the Lord, if He wants to see me sooner than later I have no objection. ;)
I am not going to nominate very many people, because I feel like I nominate the same people over and over and they're probably tired of me. If you are reading this and would like to answer my questions, PLEASE do so. :) Either leave a comment with you blog address, or simply comment your response! Now for the people I am actually going to nominate:
My questions for you are:
- Do you have a job of any sort? If so, what is it?
- If you could meet three people from the past in their own day and age, who would they be?
- List a few of your favorite blogs.
- What books do you want to read right now?
- When are you most likely to sing?