Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Belated End of Year and Beginning of Year Post

        Yes, I know that this sort of post should have been done on the last day of 2013 or the first of 2014, but I was kinda busy at that time with The Hobbit and packing for a short trip, so here is my New Year's tag post:

What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? I got a job and started earning my own money, which is one step in the right direction. Also, back in April, I auditioned for a musical. I didn't get cast, but it was a good experience. And, I started blogging!

Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and do you have any for next year?I didn't make any resolutions last year, but I did have some goals that I wanted to meet. One that I remember was that I wanted to get myself off of doing ballet five-six days a week. We were beginning to take our urban farm more seriously and needed the time at home. Now, I just go once a week to help teach a Ballet 1 class. My only resolution for next year is to start my "college" education.

Did anyone close to you give birth or get pregnant? Nope, unfortunately. I like babies.

Did anyone close to you get married? My uncle got married in the summer to a lovely woman that I am so excited to have in our family!

Did anyone close to you die? My maternal grandfather passed away just over two months ago.

Travel? Not anywhere over four hours from our house.
    
Did you move anywhere? No.

What was the best month? Two months really stand out to me, May and December. May because that is my birthday month and the month that I got my darling goat in, and December because I had a very productive month knitting dishcloths! Also, I went to see a movie in December (we NEVER  go see movies in the theater).


 
What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Humility. I have been reading Proverbs, and realize what I proud and self-centered person I am.

What date(s) from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 2nd. My parents went to see Les Miserables and I was devastated. That caused me months of misery and I was ashamed of my behavior. I felt I was acting like Lydia from P+P, "Oooh, I want to go to Brighton!" November 1st, my grandfather died.

What was/were your biggest achievement(s) of the year? I got a job, as I said before.

What was your biggest failure? Not getting enough done in the time that I had.

Did you suffer illness or injury? No, thank the Lord.

What was the best thing you bought? Oh, this is a hard question! I think that my boots and my movie soundtracks take the cake (that was all three LOTR soundtracks and the How To Train Your Dragon one).
     
Whose behavior merited celebration? My mom's. She lost her father a couple months ago and was stronger throughout that trial than I could ever have been. She also has amazed me with all of her skills on the farm that no one knew she had. I am very blessed to have her as my mother!

Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed? My own. That is going to have to cut it, because I don't want to start talking badly about someone. And I do, really and truly, wish that I had acted differently on many occasions.

Where did most of your money go? Savings. That doesn't count? Probably yarn, and mostly in the past month.
Who or what did you get really, really, really excited about? The Hobbit movie. That was a no-brainer.

What song(s) will always remind you of 2013? Facade from Jekyll and Hyde (the musical). Not my favorite musical, but still some good songs. 

Compared to this time last year, are you:      

i. happier or sadder? Happier. I was struggling to make a difficult decision twelve months ago.
ii. thinner or fatter? I was still growing last year so I am not quite sure. Probably a bit of the former.
ii. richer or poorer? Richer. Not that it really matters in the end, though.

What do you wish you’d done more of? Read. Particularly my Bible.    

What do you wish you’d done less of? Being idle. That is a weakness of mine that I am trying to overcome. This verse from 2nd Thessalonians comes to mind often: "For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies."

How did you spend New Year’s Eve/Day? Packing on Dec 31, and then driving to my grandma's house on the first of the year.

What was an unexpected surprise? The yarn store opening up! I did not know it was coming until a week before opening!

Did you fall in love in 2013? With a real, living person? If that is the case, then no. If fictional characters count, then YES!! The worst was probably Will Turner from Pirates of the Caribbean. I am not a HUGE Pirates fan, but I am a huge fan of Will. Who is not?

 

What was the best concert you’ve been to this year? I didn't see any concerts this year.

What was your favorite TV program? Probably Lark Rise to Candleford. It isn't current, but then I don't watch TV shows so it will have to count!
  
Do you dislike anyone now that you didn’t dislike this time last year? Not that I can think of, which is a nice thought in itself.

What was the best book you read? Maybe Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz? I read several new books this year and that was one that I REALLY enjoyed.
  
What was your greatest musical discovery? Samantha Barks. She is AMAZING (I should not be allowed to use caps lock, should I). I am not a fan of every movie/show she is in, but she is a singer and actress with great talent that I enjoy a lot. Especially in a *cough* certain movie *cough* that came out last Christmas!

 What were your favorite films you watched this year? TDOS!!! North and South BBC, The Curse of the Black Pearl,Wives and Daughters BBC, to name a few.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Umm, school? Nothing exciting.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? I don't know if there are certain terms that I am supposed to use but don't know? I wear long skirts and blouses most of the time. I could, I would dress like this every day:


 
What political issue stirred you the most? No clue. I don't do a whole lot of politics.

Who was the best new person you met? My friend Jenna. We met in July and became really good friends (we are both CRAZY LOTR fans). Sadly, she moved away the day after Christmas.

What valuable life lesson(s) did you learn in 2013? Often when I think that you are just upset and distressed, you are actually mad at God. Asking Him to show  me that He is in control and begging for His guidance is the best thing I can possibly do.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. 

Blessings by Laura Story. Not that my year was really, really hard, but still good thoughts to remember.

'Cause what if your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near

What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise 

Blessings,
Reyna

No comments:

Post a Comment