Tuesday, March 11, 2014

An Evening Stroll

        My brother had to go down to the water to check some traps he had set and my mom was busy, so I volunteered to walk down with him. It is a little over a half mile down to where his first traps are, then another mile to the second place, and then the same amount back; I think he calculated it to be 3.2 miles in all. It was so nice to take a brisk walk as he rode his bike, and the evening air was so fresh and clean-smelling! I brought my camera so I could practice taking some sunset pictures, and I thought some turned out very nicely. 

        Pigeons up on a wire:


        Some plantain and other greens, including yarrow and dock:




         The little path that runs parallel to the walking trail. I always take this one instead of the paved trail - I am just like that. 


        Shadow picture:


         The progression of the sunset over the bay:














        The trail runs along the railroad tracks, although there are barriers of hills and/or trees most of the way. Here is a little passage that I enjoy walking through, especially right after it has rained:


         Some old buildings:




        The bay - so beautiful!







         He was looking for tadpoles; I have no notion why. :) I love my little brother!




        Sunlight through the trees:


        THE MOON (like you couldn't tell, I know ;)):


        Gah! Horse envy! When I have a farm of my own...

The Road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.

Blessings,
Reyna

No comments:

Post a Comment