Thursday, December 19, 2013

Vintage Singer Sewing Machine

        Oh, the lovely things you can come across at thrift stores! My newest find is an all-metal 1903 Singer. I had been wanting an old metal one for a while, and although I would have preferred a treadle table one, I think that that will come just a bit later in life. I was so glad to find this one for a reasonable price, and in working condition. Not to mention all of the labor saving attachments it came with! First let me show you what I had been sewing on. A twenty year old Kenmore, not a bad machine by any stretch of the imagination, but not the machine to indulge my senses. Just a few minutes ago, I posted it for sale online. Here is one of the pictures:



        See, not bad, but not great. Here is my new machine:


        Gorgeous, isn't it? Now prepare yourself for a photographic spiel. Not all of the pictures are good quality - it was outrageously hard to take them with the light I had - but oh well.








        Extra belts:


        Something I have no idea what it is:


        The ruffler. It can be used for pleating, and ruffling. It can even form and attach a ruffle in one operation! Despite its formidable appearance (my mom calls it the torture device), I think that this will be one of my favorite attachments.


        This is the adjustable hemmer:





        The pedal:

       
         There is also an attachment for tucks (!), although I couldn't get a good picture, a gathering foot, a seam guide, a zipper foot, and an edge stitcher. Thankfully, I found the instruction manual online for my very machine, so it will not be too hard to figure everything out. I can't wait to really get going on this machine!

Blessings,
Reyna

No comments:

Post a Comment