Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sewing, Sewing, and Oh! More Sewing

        I feel like I've done nothing but sew for the past two days. Other than the usual school and farm business, I have spent most of my 'free time' up in my room with my pins, scissors, thread, and needle. We went to a thrift shop a couple of days ago, and I found a couple of nice skirts. The only problem was, one was a size large, and I am not. The waist was just elastic, though, so that wasn't a problem.

Before


After - no more size large!

        I have also been working on sewing a skirt; not just altering it. I started sewing it by hand, because I felt like doing that, and then switched to the machine when I started the hemming. I didn't really feel like making it take a whole week. :) 

Hemming the five yards of ruffle

        At the thrift store, they also had some nice fabric - so I just *had* to get some. There were a bunch of really nice blue prints, but I ended up getting three matching red/brown fabrics which is out of character for me. The red, that is, not the brown. I wear brown all the time. I'm thinking a nice autumn-themed skirt with lots of small ruffles and maybe some tucks. What do you think?


        I have also been working on the little pins I'm making for the yarn store, so that has been quite a bit more time than just the skirts would take. I have to find the balance between sewing and school - the other day I was pinning a hem and realized that I had an assignment due literally in ten hours. Oops. I did get it done, though.




Blessings,
Reyna

No comments:

Post a Comment