I've been nominated by dear Arwen from Meanwhile, In Rivendell for a Tookish tag! Now, most of you probably know that I will jump on any Tolkien-related tag (or any tag, for that matter), so here goes!
~ Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
~ Answer questions.
~ Tag some of your own fellow Tolkienights!
Her are the questions, and my answers:
1. How were you first introduced to LOTR/TH and was it love at first sight/read? Now, I've answered this question many times before, so I won't bore you all by relating the tale again. You can read about my introduction to the books and movies, and my skepticism-turned-obsession in this post, for one. ;)
2. If you could meet the actors who portray the characters in the movies, would you? Yes, that would be awesome! But I still am of the mind that the less I know about their private lives the better, since I don't want to like anyone's performance in a movie less after I learn something I don't like about the actor. I would love to meet most of them (and chat about the movies), especially Richard Armitage, Lee Pace, Dean O'Gorman, and yeah, everyone else. I think I want to meet Richard most, since he is such a Tolkien nerd and we could talk about the Silmarillion or something.
3. What is your favorite credit song from LOTR/TH? The Last Goodbye, without a doubt. It is so fitting for the end of the Middle Earth cinematic journey, and FEELS. (Yes, I know I said I would do a whole post on it and I haven't yet. Life is busy). The only credit song I do not like is The Song of the Lonely Mountain. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I hate that song. We're all entitled to our own opinion, remember. They took The Misty Mountains song from the movie - which was AMAZING *faints* - and made something else that I dislike immensely. I See Fire is probably my second favorite, with the credit songs from LOTR next. Does that make it sound like I don't like them? I do! I love them! Just, not quite as much as the others.
And yes, I am aware that not all of the lyrics are there. I spent a very long time hunting for all of those and cropping them and everything, but I'm missing the one that says, "I turn at last to paths that lead home". Oh well.
4. The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit - which is your favorite? *evil laugh* (And no, you don't actually have to decide. I'm merciful like that. *magnanimous smile*) Okay, thank you for not making me choose. I'm guessing you still want an explanation, though, right? We're both so understanding. ;) I LOVE THEM BOTH! I love the LOTR movies the best, for sure, but that might have something to do with the fact that I've watched the, six or seven times each. I've seen AUJ four times, DOS three, and BOTFA once, which doesn't add up quite evenly. I feel like I love the actual stories the same (okay, I love LOTR a bit more), but I am more attached to all the LOTR characters than the ones in the Hobbit. Like, I love the whole Fellowship and Faramir and Eowyn and all those characters, while in the Hobbit I only really have affection like that for four or five. Sure, Thranduil has his fabulous moments and great character development, but I only LOVE a few.
5. Who is your favorite all-around character? Ugh. I love Aragorn because he has such an amazing story, but I don't know that he is my favorite favorite. At this point I have to say Thorin. Because I'm still crying.
6. What is your opinion on Boromir? I'll admit I used to think he was a slimeball. But boy, was I wrong! As I saw more and more of myself in him, and loved his love for and protection of his brother, his struggle with the ring, and his ultimate redemption, I realized how wrong I was to think of him that way. Boromir is a good character; realistically flawed, and FEELS ARE TAKING OVER.
7. How many times have you watched the movies/read the books? Well, I answered the part of this question about the movies above, but I've probably read the books, uhhh... My estimation for the Hobbit is about eight, and each of the LOTR books about six.
8. What book is your favorite? Nope. I can't. *Gilbert voice* I'm soary.
9. Who is your favorite female character (other than your answer to question #5)? This is a harder question than I initially thought (after five minutes staring at the computer screen). I love Arwen for her loyalty and grace, and her utter devotion and love to Aragorn, but I also love Eowyn because she's just so awesome. And Farawyn!!!!!! *FANGIRLS FOREVER*
10. Who is your favorite male character (other than your answer to question #5)? Other than Aragorn and Thorin, I like Sam the best. He's just so... Sam. I love Sam.
11. Which of the movies, in your opinion, has the best ending? The Return of the King. No doubt. It's just so perfect and amazing!
Thanks again Arwen for this tag! It was so fun!
Aspen Shannon at Texas Rebel Girl
Kayla Alexander at Butterflies After Midnight
1. How were you first introduced to LotR/TH and was it love at first sight/read?
2. If you could meet the actors who portray the characters in the movies, would you?
3. What is your favorite credit song from LotR/TH?
4. The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit - which is your favorite? *evil laugh* (And no, you don't actually have to decide. I'm merciful like that. *magnanimous smile*)
5. Who is your favorite all-around character?
6. What is your opinion on Boromir?
7. How many times have you watched the movies/read the books?
8. What book is your favorite?
9. Who is your favorite female character (other than your answer to question #5)?
10. Who is your favorite male character (other than your answer to question #5)?
11. Which of the movies, in your opinion, has the best ending?