My dear friend, Reyna, asked if I would do a quest post for her, and I was only too glad to comply! So without further ado....
'Tis the season to be planning for your spring garden!
Here is a short list of things to help you prepare your garden for spring planting:
- Clean last year's harvest from your garden.
- Hoe up your beds, and add compost/mulch if needed.
- Plant a cover crop.
- Start building your compost pile, using all the dead grass, weeds, and vines from your garden. It will make lovely compost.
- Now's the time to start pouring over seed catalogs and decide what plants you want to grow this year.
- Stock up on any supplies that you need. Example: seed trays, seed labels, a new hoe to replace your broken one, etc. Order that now and have it here for when you need it.
- Did you take notes from last year's garden, on what worked and what didn't? Apply what you learned to this year's crop(s).
Thanks again Reyna darling! I enjoyed doing this post tremendously!
Thank you so much Aspen for doing this guest post! I'm just going to add a linky to her blog here because y'all should check it out: Texas Rebel Girl