I've been nominated for the first time for this delightful blogging award!
The nomination came from my dear friend Aspen, who blogs over at Texas Rebel Girl. It's an awesome blog, if you ask me. Definitely go check it out if you have a moment.
Link back to the person who nominated you.
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
Ask them 11 questions.
Let them know about the nomination.
Since I already linked back to the blogger who nominated me, lets get started with the 11 facts!
- My nose is peeling for the second time this summer. Did I ever mention that I hate sunblock?
- We had steak for dinner last night for the first time in a few months. My dad barbequed it and it was heavenly. I love steak. :)
- My brother recently traded a whole bunch of crayfish he caught in the creek to a Mexican gentleman at the farmer's market for a whole bundle of fruit. White and yellow peaches, plums, apricots, etc.
- I am planning on buying a Phenix M1 fishing pole as soon as I save enough money. I'm not sure whether I want a bait casting or spinning rod, though.
- I've been singing Phantom of the Opera nonstop for the past two weeks. No idea why.
- I got a nice compliment from our youth pastor on thursday. He said that every times he sees me, I am 'the very picture of feminine grace'. It was nice to hear, but, umm, he has NO idea. Lol.
- We went to pick blackberries two days ago, and I still have scratches all over my arms.
- I just got the Indiana Jones piano sheet music - awesome!
- I like the A's and the Giants baseball teams equally.
- I have been studying Matthew 12 recently.
- I have an absolutely awesome little brother!
- Favorite kind of tree? Hey, you'll never guess. Aspens!
- Your weapon of choice, sword, axe, bow or other (if so what and why)? This is one tough question! I've never had a sword, but I think I would like that muchly. Right now, I think I'll have to go with a bow.
- Do you like hunting? Yes! I love it!
- Is there a book (besides the Bible) that inspires you? Why? Uh, well I'm sure this isn't the best one I could think up if I thought for longer, but Sherlock Holmes. I always feel inspired and go into detective mode for a day or so after I read some of that. :)
- Are you a fan of Shakespeare? Yes, it makes me laugh sometimes. One of my favorite plays is The Tempest.
- If I handed you a wildcard plane ticket, where would you go? And why? By myself? That would mean either Texas or Maine.
- Could you survive and make do with out all the modern conveniences (i.e phones, cars, computers, electricity, etc)? I think so. In fact, I think I would prefer to live that way.
- What's your ideal lifestyle situation? Well, my dream is to live on a homestead out in the country. Of course, I can't really do that unless my family moves (which won't happen soon if ever) or if I get married, so either way my husband or the rest of my family will have a big part of the decision making. With that being said, I would like either a cob or log house, chickens for eggs and meat, Alpine goats, sheep to eat, an alpaca, a jersey cow, and some angora rabbits. I want a garden and a sizeable orchard so we can be pretty self-sufficient. I'd like to use a wood-burning stove in the house and have an outdoor oven as well so that we don't use much electricity. Lanterns too, and an icebox. Get the picture?
- Are you a book hoarder? *raises hand..I am* Oh yeah. No question.
- OK, so this is kind of strange question, but what are some of your favorite smells? For instance mine are sweaty horses (don't you dare laugh...I can see you smirking! Wipe that smile off your face this instant! ;), leather-shops, feed stores, old books...stopping now. One of my favorite smells is from my Les Mis brochure that I got when I saw the show in SF two years ago. I loved the show, and I've never found anything else that smells like that brochure. And yes, right after that comes leather-shops, feed stores, old books, goats...
- Do you like coffee? I've actually never had it before. :/ I like coffee ice cream, though!
And here are my nominees (I couldn't think up 9):
Evie at A Period Drama Fangirl
Laura at Gazing Wonders
Amber at Amber on the Mountain
Heidi at Along the Brandywine
Naomi at Wonderland Creek
Khloe Grace at All Things Good
And my questions for you are:
- Do you have a favorite classic hymn? If so, what is it?
- What is your favorite way to eat potatoes (this can be as common or unusual as you want)?
- What do you consider to be the most fascinating time period in history?
- Which time period would you best like to live in?
- Have you ever worn a hoopskirt?
- What might one find you doing on a rainy afternoon?
- How many bookshelves do you have, if any?
- Do you prefer a laptop or a desktop?
- And now for my favorite (I've re-used it a couple of times so far): what's the desktop on your computer right now?
- Do you like to write with a pen or a pencil?
- What was the last song you sang?
Thanks again Aspen for the nomination! I look forward to seeing my nominees' answers as well!