Friday, June 27, 2014

Zebra Finch

        This isn't going to be a proper "I'm back!" post because my friends just left yesterday and I'm still super busy, but I thought I'd check in with y'all today. And I have to introduce you to someone. No, not a person, a bird. Go figure. My mom heard this little guy on the back patio earlier today, pecking around at some spilled chicken food. He was pretty tame - he must have escaped from someone's house - so I put a basket over him and brought him inside. Needless to say, the cats are not too thrilled.












        He is now up in room winding down after a rather stressful morning. It's possible that he belongs to my neighbor - I have to find her and ask - but otherwise I'll most likely re-home him somewhere else. Perhaps I'll keep him, but that's a bit unlikely. My mom isn't too fond of what she refers to as 'useless animals'. :) I haven't figured out a good name for him yet, but I'm working on it.
        Hopefully I'll be posting more often, especially once we get into July. I have so much catching up to do!

Blessings,
Reyna

2 comments:

  1. Oh! What a cutie! What did you decided to do with him?

    Blessings -

    ~ Aspen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just re-homed him this afternoon. I had posted him on craigslist and I ended up giving him to a lady who already has five finches. I put in the ad that he couldn't go to a place that didn't already have finches, and she responded within, I think, an hour or so. He was pretty lonesome all by himself, and although it was really neat to have him (he was so sweet and social!), I'm glad he went to a good home. :)

      Delete